[Updated 23 May] Well, my own season has been effectively decimated by my recurring injury problems from February onwards, however I’m now in a position to start attending some events for the season’s tail end. The UK orienteering season often winds up with smaller events and summer evening series – the kind of event ideal for me in my “unfit but willing” state!
My plan is:
Tuesday 18th May – SLOW Local Score Event, Beddington Park, South London (maybe.)(Bad back.) Sunday 23rd May – TVOC District Event, Coombe Hill, Wendover. A physical, hilly area, this should wake me up with a start.(Slept in!)
- Wednesday 2nd June – HAVOC Local Summer Evening Event, Epping South West, Chingford. Epping is always delightful at any time of the year, plus it’s within London so nice and close to get to.
- Sunday 6th June – TVOC District Event, Great Hampden, Princes Risborough, OR MV Local Event, The Nower, Dorking.
- Wednesday 9th June – TVOC Summer Series Local Event, Black Park, Slough.
- Sunday 13th June – BADO District Event & SCOA League, Chawton Park & Bushy Leaze Wood, Alton, OR SAX District Event, Brede, Hastings.
- Wednesday 16th June – CHIG Local Event, Latton Woods.
- Sunday 20th June – HAVOC Try O, Thorndon Country Park (North), Brentwood.
- Sunday 27th June – HAVOC Frolic Event, Epping SW/Pole Hill, Chingford.
- Sunday 4th July – LOK Local Frolic Event, Trent Park, North London.
- Wedesday 14th July – HAVOC Summer Evening Event, Bedfords Park, Romford.
- Saturday 17th – 24th July – O-Ringen, Gothemburg, Sweden. I really hope I’m in shape by this time!